15. “Are we back to The Human Centipede?”
Trigger Warning: This episode deals with a storyline about eating disorders. Some listeners may find this content disturbing and we advise they skip this episode of Degrassi: The Next Generation as well as this episode of the podcast.
We’re baaaaaaaaack! Unfortunately, we’re back with Season 2, Episode 9 of Degrassi: The Next Generation, “Mirror in the Bathroom”. There’s a reason this episode of the podcast took the longest to edit and it’s not because we decided to improve audio quality or upgrade our editing software (Your move, Anchor). And it’s certainly not because your dear hosts have been trying to hold on to the last days of summer by traveling anywhere and everywhere throughout September.
No, it’s because this episode is about Toby. And…wrestling.
Our dear resident Toby correspondent, Perino, guides us through this train wreck, and if all other episodes prior to this one weren’t already enough to dispel the myth of a “Cool Toby” (a rumor created and perpetuated by Perino and no one else), this is the episode that vanquishes that myth once and for all.
Along the way we discuss important topics such as:
- MVP side characters and our love for Andrews (What’s HIS backstory? Give us more of Andrews and less of Toby FOR THE LOVE OF GOD).
- Our continued fascination with the deterioration of Jeff and Ann Marie Isaacs’ marriage.
- An extended rant about Craig Manning even though he has nothing to do with this episode (because we will do anything and everything in our power to not discuss the A plot at hand).
- But for real though, how did Toby NOT shit himself this episode? And would that have been enough to make this episode a good one?
Oh, and unlike the writers of this episode, we did not forget there was a B plot, in which #QueenBeeTerri is unjustifiably given two minutes of screen time for the rare storyline she’s featured in.
So grab a drink, smother a burger in the mystery that is Sheila Sauce, and pour one out for our girl Nadia, because we will probably never see her again.
Stephan, Morgan, Natasha, Nina, and Perino